What I call vasanas, Dr. Gabor Mate calls early childhood trauma. Seeing the growing body of specialists he’s brought together over the years is heart-warming to someone who wants to see all our early childhood traumas lift.
Here’s his announcement of new talks in his series and a reshowing of The Wisdom of Trauma.
Talks on Trauma Series Part 2, w/ Dr. Gabor Maté and all New Speakers
We’re less than two weeks away from the broadcast of our all new Talks on Trauma Series Part 2, featuring 17 new in-depth conversations with 30+ guest speakers, trauma experts, MDs, authors, visionaries and artists.
The talks will be exploring how trauma relates to parenting, chronic pain, medical paradigm, climate crisis, politics, spirituality, and more.
It will also be the final broadcast of the year for The Wisdom of Trauma movie.We wanted to make sure that you know that this upcoming event has an ALL NEW speaker series. You will have access to the new series and an additional 7 days to watch The Wisdom of Trauma movie.
You will receive links by October 4.
If you wish to have movie access for a full 6 weeks and to own all the talks from Talks on Trauma Parts 1 AND 2, plus a full course from Dr. Gabor Maté, you can do so here.
In anticipation of this new event, here is a short video preview featuring Dr. Gabor Maté:→ [Video Preview] What is Trauma with Dr. Gabor Maté
In this video, Gabor describes trauma as a wound in our psyche that hasn’t healed. He also speaks of what we might call trauma that isn’t.
For the upcoming talk series we have assembled an extraordinary group of 35+ new speakers, who will be in conversation with Dr. Maté, to explore a range of topics such as how trauma relates to parenting, chronic pain, medical paradigm, climate crisis, politics, spirituality, and more.
Here is an overview of who will be participating:
- Bessel van der Kolk, MD – Medical Director, Trauma Center Principal Investigator
- Jamie Lee Curtis – Actor, Author, Podcaster, Inventor & Advocate.
- Jewel – Singer, Songwriter, Poet, Actor, Mental Health Advocate
- Richard Schwartz, PhD – Developer of the Internal Family Systems Model
- Ashley Judd – Actor, Author, Humanitarian, Survivor
- Steve Ozanich – Author, Pain specialist, teacher of presence
- Pamela Wible, MD – Family Physician, Suicide Prevention Advocate
- Guy Felicella – Consultant, Harm Reduction Advocate and Public speaker
- Darcia Narvaez – Professor of Psychology Emerita
- Rupa Marya, MD – Physician, Executive Director of Deep Medicine Circle
- Marianne Williamson – Author and Activist
- Will Van Derveer MD – Integrative Psychiatrist, Trauma Researcher, Educator
- Jesse Thistle – Assistant Professor, Author
- Tara Brach, PhD – Author, Meditation Teacher, Psychologist
- Jeffrey Rediger, MD, MDiv – Author and physician
- Staci K Haines – Author, Somatic Teacher, co-founder of Generative Somatics
- Rabbi Dr. Tirzah Firestone – Rabbi, Author, Psychotherapist
- Kai Cheng Thom – Somatic Coach & Consultant, Mediator, Author, MSc
- Dr. Elisa Hallerman PhD, JD – Founder and CEO of Recovery Management Agency, Author, Speaker
- Howard Schubiner, MD – Clinical Professor and Author
- Gordon Neufeld, PhD – Author, Clinical & Developmental Psychologist
- Tommy Rosen – Yoga Teacher, Addiction Recovery Expert
- Kate Silverton – Journalist, Author and Broadcaster
- Zhenevere Sophia Dao – Author, Teacher, Poet, Playwright, Theater Director
- Angaangaq Angakkorsuaq – Elder, Traditional Healer, Spiritual Teacher and Shaman
- Mee Ok Icaro – Writer, Teacher
- Mellody R Hayes, MD – Anesthesiologist and CEO
- Nikki Myers – Founder and Director of Yoga of 12-Step Recovery
- Jennifer Wallin – Registered Provisional Psychologist
- Amanda Feilding – Founder and Executive Director of the Beckley Foundation
- Sharon Salzberg – Author, Meditation Teacher
- Eriel Tchekwie Deranger – Executive Director and co-founder of Indigenous Climate Action
- Steve Ozanich – Author, pain specialist, teacher of presence
Kai Cheng Thom – Somatic Coach and Consultant, Mediator, Author
- Bayo Akomolafe – Author, Teacher, Executive Director of The Emergence Network
- Dr. Ruby Gibson – Executive Director of Freedom Lodge, Author, Historical Trauma Specialist
- Prentis Hemphill – Founder of The Embodiment Institute, Therapist, Facilitator, Writer
- Mona Haydar – Writer, Activist, Musician, Theologian
- Muffy Mendoza – Community Developer and Advocate
- Henry Shukman – Zen and Mindfulness Teacher
- Tiokasin Ghosthorse – Founder & Host “First Voices Radio”, Speaker on Peace & Indigenous Wisdom
- Jack Kornfield PhD – Author, Buddhist practitioner, Spirit Rock Meditation Center founding teacher
- Vimalasara (Valerie) Mason-John – Author, Co-founder of Mindfulness-Based Addiction Recovery and 8-step recovery
- Tim McCarty – Certified Rolfer and Life Coach
- Fritzi Horstman – Founder & Executive Director Compassion Prison Project
We can’t wait for you to experience these powerful conversations and to give you another chance to watch The Wisdom of Trauma movie!
All we ask is that you help us spread the word about the movie by sharing on one of your favorite social platforms
Thank you for supporting the expanding movement to create a more trauma-informed world.
Zaya and Maurizio, film directors
P.S. If you haven’t already, you can join our Facebook group here to meet others attending the online movie broadcast and event.