Steve: Will you write a document through me, a channeled document, on the essence of individual sovereignty?
Archangel Michael: I will be pleased to do this.
Now I have a need to tell you, that I would have many consultants with me, but, yes, we would be pleased, more than you can imagine. Because this is such a key factor, and it is not adequately addressed. (1)
The essence of individual sovereignty is the Self.
The Self is the individuated God, God within the individual.
The sovereignty of the Self comes from its roots in Divinity.
The prime social directive is to build societies that allow the individual the conditions and ability to fulfill the task assigned to everyone in life: To realize its true identity. (2)
Admittedly there are those such as the seraphim who’ve chosen to stay near the Throne, and there are those archangels who’ve never descended into form.
But by far the greatest number of individual beings have agreed to participate in the adventure of forgetting who they are and then going through lifetimes in matter (mater, Mother) to remember or rediscover who they are.
When the One decided to create apparently-separated beings and a world of experience in which they could discover who they are, the necessity to support individual sovereignty followed. (3)
If the vast majority of beings had not agreed to this task, there’d be much less need for individuality or individual sovereignty.
All would be One and the drama of individuated life would not follow. But the One decreed that an illusory separation take place and a long pilgrimage back to the Father.
Have we any descriptions of the end of the journey, the merger of us with the One?
Yes, we do. Paul describes the last day of individuality when the Self or Christ surrenders all that it has and is to the One and makes God all in all:
“Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. … (4)
“And when all things shall be subdued unto him, (5) then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.” (6)
In metaphorical terms, this passage describes what in my 1987 vision would have been the little golden star racing back to the Father and merging with it. (7)
That is the moment at which the created and individuated Self returns to and merges with the Mother/Father One. It surrenders all it is and has to the Father again, from whence it all came.
The Self apparently doesn’t cease to be; it re-emerges. (8) But this completes its agreed-upon task in entering the world of form.
Only through the ability to exert individual sovereignty – to exert control over one’s own self and life – can we expect to complete the journey of unfolding awareness.
Thank you, Michael.
(1) Archangel Michael in a personal reading with Steve Beckow through Linda Dillon, March 3, 2011.
(2) For background on this assignment, see “The Purpose of Life is Enlightenment – Ch. 13 – Epilogue,” at https://goldenageofgaia.com/2011/08/13/the-purpose-of-life-is-enlightenment-ch-13-epilogue/
Also: The Purpose of Life is Enlightenment, at https://gaog.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Purpose-of-Life-is-Enlightenment.pdf
(3) Why would the One go through such an exercise? To know itself, we’re told. See “The Purpose of Life,” ibid.
(4) Putting down “all rule and all authority and power” refers to the time when the individual has transcended the personal will, subjugating it to the Will of the Father. In line with what Bernadette Roberts has said of the “No-Self,” another meaning could be that once all things are surrendered to the Self, then the Self is surrendered to the No-Self.
(5) “When all things shall be subdued unto him” means when all desire for worldly or material objects and pleasures has been overcome, as in Jesus’ assertion, “I have overcome the world.” (Jesus in John 16:33.)
(6) St. Paul in I Corinthians 15:24 and 28.
Finally, the Son’s being subjected to God that God may be all in all refers to the plunging of the individual soul into the Sea of Bliss, Tranquillity, and Immortality that is the Father.
(7) See “The Purpose of Life,” ibid.
(8) Divine Mother: Now, in this journey — for some of you it is millennia, for some of you it is eons; it matters not — there is a drive and an understanding, an intellectual and spiritual understanding … to make the U-turn and to come back Home, to return Home to the Heart of One where you are so welcome until such time as you choose to emanate again. (“Divine Mother: My Desire is that Every Being on the Planet Falls in Love,” October 3, 2014, at http://goldenageofgaia.com/2014/10/03/divine-mother-my-desire-is-that-every-being-on-the-planet-falls-in-love/.)
Steve Beckow: Now, Mother, … you’re saying that after they return in union, they go back out into the world. Is that correct?
Divine Mother: Yes. If they so choose, yes. Now, is it in the timeline that human beings tend to think of? No. But eventually there is re-emergence. (“The Divine Mother: Each and Every One of You Carries Divine Might, Part 1/2,” June 17, 2013, at http://goldenageofgaia.com/2013/06/the-divine-mother-each-and-every-one-of-you-carries-divine-might-part-12.)