Explore the New Paradigm of Healing at the Intersection of Psychedelics & Shamanism & Discover How You Can Participate Safely, Responsibly & With Integrity
Register for this free event taking place from February 22 – 26, 2021 here.
Discover healing & transformation in the Psychedelic Renaissance
The World Is Experiencing a Mental Health Crisis.
Mental health disorders are one of the leading causes of disability in the world, affecting over a billion people. Prior to the pandemic, the 2017 Global Burden of Disease study estimated that 264 million people in the world suffered from depression.
Since the start of the pandemic, rates of depression have tripled in the US, while rates of substance abuse from alcohol to opioids have increased 30%.
Psychotherapists might say that the root of this crisis is widespread trauma, the outcome of an increasingly unequal capitalistic culture, exacerbated by financial uncertainty, and social isolation caused by the pandemic.
Shamans might say that the cause of this disease is humanity’s separation from Nature and Spirit; that the events of 2020 signified a shamanic initiation of planetary proportions, a warning sign of a civilization recklessly out of balance, and an urgent call for humanity to wake up.
What if both are right?
The acute need for a new way to address humanity’s mental and spiritual crisis has pushed the promise of psychedelic medicines to forefront, making 2020 a banner year for drug policy reform and psychedelic therapeutics.
- Oregon is now the first state in U.S. history to decriminalize personal possession of all drugs.
- Oregon legalized the use of psilocybin in mental health treatment.
- DC decriminalized psychedelic plants, including psilocybin—the psychedelic compound in “magic mushrooms”.
- Arizona, Montana, New Jersey, and South Dakota legalized recreational cannabis, joining 11 other states which had done so previously.
- The psychedelic capital market is forecast to grow to $6.8B, up from $2.9B in 2019.
- The number of publicly traded psychedelic drug development companies mushroomed four-fold.
Decriminalization, legalization, and medicalized psychedelics are advancing rapidly. What impacts will these developments have on humanity’s collective healing, mental well-being, and capacity to thrive?