It was once suggested to me that there was room for “a thoughtful, loving article for struggling Christians, who find themselves awakening and ‘dazed and confused.'” (1)
I’d love to write one.
Let me look at some of the correspondences between Jesus’ teachings and those of the Company of Heaven (galactic masters, celestials, and the Divine Mother), which have commonly come to be called “New Age.”
I’d like to do that by focusing on one of his prominent teachings (and there are so many to choose from) from a Christian and a New-Age perspective.
My point is that we’ll see the same teaching but in different words.
In setting out, we have to remember that Jesus lived in a violent and repressive age. He was crucified for doing no more than preaching a gospel of love. (2) Consequently he spoke in proverbs and code. (3)
The teaching of his I’d like to focus in on is, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” (4)
Most Christians hear that as I, the man Jesus, am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh to the Father but by me, Jesus Christ.
That understanding can lead one to say that only the followers of Jesus Christ will find redemption. But does Jesus himself believe that? Was that what Jesus meant?
Keeping in mind that he spoke in code, what might he have intended?
I had the great privilege to speak to him in January 2012 on An Hour with an Angel and asked him:
Steve Beckow: When you say, “I am the Light,” who is “I am”? Are you speaking as Jesus, or are you speaking as the Christ, as the Light?
Jesus: No, I am speaking as the Light.
SB: And is that something –
J: The Light that then transfers into the Christ light, that then transfers into the being that you, sitting here this night, call Jesus. But you were asking about my essence.
SB: I am. Is that Light that became the Christ, is that the Father?
J: Think of it as a replication of the Father. It did not take away from the Source. It just expanded it. It is part of the infinite extension of creation.
It is not born the way you think. It is just an explosion of light. (5)
Jesus is speaking as the Light, even describing its own birth – the birth of a soul. It is the Light that is the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh to God except by that Light.
I could say that same thing today. In fact change one word and the New Age and Christianity align.
Change the “I” to “the Self.” Or you know what? Don’t change it at all. But instead of saying “I,” say “the ‘I’.” Same thing.
In the beginning, the Divine Mother God created points of Light, discrete, individualized “fragments” of the Divine, which were then wrapped in matter (mater, Mother). This Light is the “I,” the Self, the Christ, the Atman, the Buddha nature. It always exists, has always existed and will always exist.
Why did the Mother do that? I’ve actually gone into the purpose of life in several other papers. Let me just say here that a vision I had in 1987 communicated to me that the purpose of life is enlightenment; to know your true Self. And who might that be? God. (6) But … unfortunately intellectual knowledge is not enough to fulfill the purpose of life.
Fine so far?
If you are, then how is this “I,” this Self the way, the truth, and the life?
This Self is a firebrand plucked from the burning, a Light always burning on the altar of the heart, (7) Fire, the Son of the Lord, etc. It is Light of the One Light.
Other sages have said, one cannot become a knower of God until one becomes a knower of the Self. The way life is designed is that we arrive at God by diving deeply into the Light that the Self is. (8)
Meditating on the Self – that is, the increasing unfoldment of the Light that the Self is – is the way to the Truth. The revealed and realized Truth is the One that exists after the Self has merged into the One again – that is, beyond the Self.
Knowing this Truth at a level of development that Jesus called “Redemption,””Resurrection,” and “Salvation” (which the New Age calls “Ascension”) brings eternal life.
Here we have to make a bit of a jump. We always were, are, and will be eternal. Our bodies die but never our soul. So what does Jesus mean?
What Jesus meant by eternal, in New-Age terms, is that we won’t have to suffer birth and death again.
Birth and death are the conditions we’re being saved from so he called this “Salvation.”
Buddhists called it nirvana; Hindus called it Sahaja Samadhi, vijnana, moksha, and mukti. It’s a full and permanent heart opening, beyond the seven-chakra system. (9)
Afterlife folks call the vibrational level we’re then at the Mental Plane; New Agers call it the Fifth Dimension; early Christians called it “Heaven.”
The New Age as I see it recognizes wisdom wherever it’s found. Terrestrial sages, extraterrestrial sages, celestials, the Divine Mother, who is the fount of wisdom – it matters not.
To demonstrate that umbrageousness, here’s the Arcturian Group, from a higher dimension in the Arcturian star system, saying much the same thing that Jesus did.
“’I am the Way, the Truth, and the Light.’ – words not spoken simply by and for the master Jesus, but words spoken by him in order to explain to those listening that ‘I’ is not a personal ‘I,’ but ‘I’ is the Divine – the one and only ‘I’ – your true identity. Since the Divine is all there is, it must also be your real Self – how else could you exist?” (10)
Since God is all there is, how could you and I not be God?
Let me end with an invitation from Jesus via a New-Age source to resurrect, to be reborn, which is yet another way of saying, “ascend.”
“I come to invite you to your resurrection. Will you please join me? Not next year, not next week. Oh, I will take you when I can get you, but the invitation is for right now, to bathe yourself, to join with the Love, and awaken tomorrow reborn.” (11)
For Jesus, who demonstrated Ascension two millennia ago, the arrival of Redemption, Resurrection, or Salvation for all willing and able must bring the greatest satisfaction.
(1) NewAngel to Steve Beckow, email, March 22, 2011.
(2) OK, for being what the Romans thought was “King of the Jews.” But the gospel he taught was pure love.
(3) An example of code occurred when a disciple asked Jesus for a password. He said: “Tell them, a movement and a rest.” The Divine Mother is all movement; the Heavenly Father is rest. Another example is the picture of the fish painted on Christian door frames. Ichthus = Iacchus Christos, theou uios, sauter = Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior.
(4) John 14:6.
(5) “Transcript of an Hour with an Angel, with Jesus, Jan. 16, 2012,” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/ascension-as-of-2012/the-masters-speak/transcript-of-an-hour-with-an-angel-with-jesus-jan-16-2012/.
(6) Right answers don’t count. Only realization does.
See The Purpose of Life is Enlightenment at http://goldenageofgaia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Purpose-of-Life-is-Enlightenment.pdf
“What is the Purpose of Life?” February 24, 2020, at https://goldenageofgaia.com/2020/02/24/306794/
(7) I have experienced the Self at the seat of the soul, the deepest part of the heart on Sept. 18, 2018. See “The Heart is ‘the Seat of the Soul’,” December 17, 2018, at http://goldenageofgaia.com/2018/12/17/the-heart-is-the-seat-of-the-soul/; “Archangel Michael Explains What Happened at Xenia,” Sept. 22, 2018, at http://goldenageofgaia.com/2018/09/22/archangel-michael-explains-what-happened-at-xenia/
(8) I’m giving the impression that meditating on the Light is the only way. It is not. For those who conceive of the Self as consciousness, then deepening awareness is the way, the truth, and the life. For those who love, then love is the way, the truth, and the life. The Self is all these.
(9) Enter “Sahaja” in this site’s search box.
(10) “The Arcturian Group Message via Marilyn Raffaele: October 13, 2013” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/2013/10/the-arcturian-group-message-via-marilyn-raffaele-october-13-2013/.
(11) “Good Friday Message From Jesus Sananda,” April 10, 2020, at https://goldenageofgaia.com/2020/04/10/good-friday-message-from-jesus-sananda/.