(Concluded from Part 1, yesterday.)
The alternative press talked of mutiny. Col. Donn de Pre speculated:
“I can verify … from Col. Dick Schultz, who is a friend of mine in the Joint Chiefs, [that] morale was not only low (1) but he said some of the troops are ready to mutiny. If it wasn’t for the fact that the government, the civilian hierarchy, has control over retirements, there would probably be blood in the streets by now.” (2)
Desertions were said to have exploded. The TBR News reported:
“Another Pentagon report on desertions, in addition to a new one under date of April 9, 2007, speaks of the exploding rate of desertions and the very strong possibility of mutiny.
“The Pentagon hopes that such rebellions would be in Iraq where they can be ruthlessly dealt with out of sight of the increasingly enraged American public. Shooting dozens of soldiers would be much easier in the privacy of Baghdad barracks rather then at Ft. Bliss.” (3)
They sent an ominous signal to the Deep State.
However, the only open act of rebellion that came to public attention was the 2007 whistleblowing on an attempt to transport nuclear weapons to the Middle East via Barksdale AFB. That act of opposition – plus Admiral Fallon’s stand – may have stopped the war in. Iran.
At the time, Wayne Madsen reported:
“There is informed speculation that the movement of the nuclear weapons to Barksdale was leaked because the air force base is a staging area for deployment to the Middle East.
“The Pentagon recently drew up plans to hit 1200 targets inside Iran in a massive bombardment campaign aimed at destroying its military and overthrowing its government. The movement of the nuclear weapons may have been an alert to the public by disgruntled members of the military that such plans would include the pre-emptive use of nuclear weapons.” (4)
The unknown whistleblowers who stopped the unauthorized B52 transport of nuclear weapons to the Middle East to be used against Iran may have stopped a “pre-emptive” war.
The white hats have mobilized, as we know, and are bringing down the Deep State as we speak. Our sources regularly confirm it. (5)
The discussion of desertions and mutiny in the armed forces against extension of the war to Iran was a piece of bright news for me at the time. Service personnel were refusing to start an unjust war.
I think that we think that things like the militarization of the police or the corruption of the military are inevitable, that they can’t be stopped.
As the dissenters of 2007 showed at Barksdale AFB, even a war can be stopped. But it may take many individual acts of courage like theirs – and like that of civilians such as Ieshia Evans.
Coverage of the 2007 “near-mutiny” has now been made into a dictionary of quotations under the title When the American Military Nearly Mutinied and is located to httpss://tinyurl.com/y55ofm9l. It joins a second dictionary on 9/11. (5)
(1) This was after 9/11, when you’d expect morale to be high. Does this mean they knew about 9/11?
(2) “Transcript: Alex Jones Interviews Col. Donn de Grand-Pre, U.S. Army (ret.): Explosive New 9/11 Revelations and Explanations,” The Alex Jones Show, downloaded from https://www.prisonplanet.com/022904degrand.html, 13 Aug. 2007.
(3) TBR News, April 13, 2007, TBRNews.org, 13 April 2007, downloaded from https://www.tbrnews.org/Archives/a2666.htm, 6 Sept. 2007. Link no longer operable.
(4) Wayne Madsen, “Questions Remain over Nuclear-Armed B-52 Over Midwest,” OpEdNews.com, 7 Sept. 2007, downloaded from https://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_wayne_ma_070907_questions_remain_ove.htm, 7 Sept. 2007. See also a probably laundered and slanted version of the story, “B-52 carried nuclear armed cruise missiles by mistake: US,” Sydney Morning Herald, 7, at httpss://www.smh.com.au/world/b-52-carried-nuclear-armed-cruise-missiles-by-mistake-us-20070906-gdr1nq.html
(5) See “The Cabal Falls/Stand Back from the Chaos and Observe It” at httpss://tinyurl.com/y4kzwps6 and “The Victory of the Light” at https://goldengaiadb.com/index.php?title=The_Victory_of_the_Light
(6) Sourcebook on 9/11 and its Aftermath, 19 Sept. 2007, at httpss://www.freewebs.com/truthseeker22/911overview.htm