Let me accompany the description from Michael today (1) with a second discussion of Ascension.
Ascension is known to spiritual sages and scholars under names like liberation, moksha, mukti, sahaja samadhi, nirvana, vijnana, etc.
In Christian lore, the names “redemption” and “salvation” refer to Ascension itself and “heaven” is used to refer to the Fifth Dimension and higher.
What are we liberated from? The wheel of birth and death. And whom do we know that is free from the wheel of birth and death? The residents of higher-dimensional consciousness states. (2)
There’s no birth and death in the Fifth Dimension and higher; only in the Third and its astral counterpart, the Fourth Dimension.
We are now, always have been, and always will be immortal. Where we “reside” in terms of dimension reflects our state of consciousness but does not make us somehow immortal (because we already are).
I’d like to see a new cross-cultural spirituality arise that would correct some of the errors in our current points of view; matters such as “original sin,” which is the exact opposite of our original innocence, “hell,” which does not exist, living only one life, etc. (3)
Jesus and the Buddha ascended after their deaths. The rule in the ancient world was that one needed to die to ascend. That rule no longer applies, which is one of the innovations that underpins this present mass/physical departure from the usual Ascension.
If we were to view Ascension functionally, I’d say that Ascension is a full and permanent heart opening. The ascended person is a being whose heart is fully and permanently open.
Not as in an attitude (“she’s an open-hearted person”), but as an actual, spiritual event. That event brings one into such a flow of love that it transforms everything about the individual and their situation.
Very few people in the world today have experienced such a state. Of those, many have had only the briefest of experiences.
Among enlightened sages who have attained it permanently, excluding the avatars, (4) I can think of only Ramana Maharshi off the top of my head; maybe Franklin Merrell-Wolff. (5)
Now here we are as a planet, at the end of a cosmic cycle, entering a new Age of Aquarius/Sat Yuga. At this time, those who want to progress to a higher dimension of consciousness and can hold the required light have the opportunity. They’ll graduate from 3D.
Those who choose not to also have their choice honored. There is no stigma attached to carrying on in Third Dimensionality.
Ascension is a process. It involves gradual strengthening for a number of sudden “jumps” or “ignitions.” The fourth-chakra heart opening expected for the planet is an example of a sudden ignition. There will be others as our kundalini climbs the sacral column.
An event like a heart opening can be disorienting. Some people may think they’re having a heart attack. (6) Others may wonder if they’re going crazy. The fact that spiritual experiences can be disconcerting is why we’re not given the whole experience (Sahaja) at once.
In an ascended state, we’re bathed in love and bliss. In such a state, a harmful thought doesn’t arise in the mind.
Therefore I feel confident in saying, drawing on the words of Werner Erhard, that an ascended world is a world that works for everyone. We’ll be in such a state of consciousness at the end of our Ascension process, after we’ve experienced Sahaja Samadhi and our hearts are permanently and completely open.
(1) “Archangel Michael: Ascension. It’s a Snap.”
(2) Called the Mental Plane in afterlife literature. See “The Mental Plane – the First Heaven” at https://goldengaiadb.com/index.php?title=The_Mental_Plane_%E2%80%93_The_First_Heaven and following chapters.
(3) The Dark Planes do, but they’re not places where we burn forever or are tortured incessantly. That having been said, they’re also not pleasant places and the company is … well, like yourself.
For descriptions of the Dark Planes, go here: “The Astral Plane – The Dark Plane” at https://goldengaiadb.com/index.php?title=The_Astral_Plane_%E2%80%93_The_Dark_Plane
(4) Jesus and Buddha were avatars. Other modern avatars like Sri Ramakrishna and Sri Anandamoyee Ma spoke about the subject and demonstrated it.
(5) There are undoubtedly more, but, because there is no common vocabulary to refer to events at this rarified a part of the elightenment spectum, the achievement of others may be called something else and therefore may not be known.
(6) Please don’t assume you’re NOT having a heart attack. Massive generalized pain that persists is a good indicator of a heart attack; the pain of a heart opening is over in a few seconds and is highly focused on the spiritual heart (two digits right of the sternum), not the physical heart.
One reader actually had a heart attack, treated it like a medical emergency fortunately, and got himself to the hospital. See “A Note on Spiritual Events and Medical Emergencies,”