We’ve arrived at an incredible time in our nation’s history where the Right and the Left accuse each other of being fascist. Dictators have learned from one another over time and developed a blueprint for closing down an open society. The map is time tested and you’ll find certain elements are completely necessary for authoritarian control of a society. How many of these are currently in play in the U.S.?
The 10 essential steps the state must implement to take total control are:
1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy.
2. Create secret prisons where torture takes place.
3. Develop a thug caste or paramilitary force not answerable to citizens.
4. Set up an internal surveillance system.
5. Harass citizens’ groups.
6. Engage in arbitrary detention and release.
7. Target key individuals.
8. Control the press.
9. Treat all political dissidents as traitors.
10. Suspend the rule of law.
How many of these have happened or is happening in America right now?
In her book, The End of America, American author and political consultant Naomi Wolf, outlines the general parallels you see above, as well as many chilling details of comparison of what occurred in the despotic takeover of societies and what is happening to America right now.
The full length documentary film based on her book is a must-see for all Americans.