A minor row has occurred in Canada over whether border-security people have the right to look at an individual’s cellphone or laptop.
A lawyer, refusing to give border security his passwords, had his devices confiscated. He argued confidentiality on the basis of solicitor/client privilege. Others are arguing freedom of speech.
I don’t agree with what was done but it does clearly illustrate what Michael and Jesus have been saying about the dilemma of “either/or.” Jesus urged us:
“There is no room for ‘either/or’ on your planet. There is no room for duality on any planet.” (1)
Issues are not easily resolved on an either/or basis. There’s always residue, always a reason for the continuation of conflict. This controversial case illustrates the problem.
As part of their job as border security, officers will need to have the right to examine some devices within certain well-defined limits and that, outside of those limits, travellers are safe from unwarranted invasions of privacy. (2) It’s some of both, with the question of how much being decided by tribunal or legislature.
So many political issues are discussed and decided on the basis of “either/or.” You’re either with us or against us, said George Bush, after having planned and executed 9/11.
Divide and conquer. Get people squaring off against each other. Whoever wins loses. The Deep State is the only winner.
In reality almost any public political question cannot and will not be decided on this basis. Every significant interest will need to be taken into consideration in the world of the future.
When we let the either/or paradigm go, we’re left deciding degree. And every measurement of degree starts with an idea of the midpoint, the center point, the balance point, which is neither positive nor negative. It’s the startpoint and endpoint.
It’s also what some people are referring to when they speak of the “here and now.” It’s a portal into a higher plane of existence. (3)
When there’s a great deal of “noise,” drama, and trauma in our lives, we can’t hear, see, feel or intuit this balance point.
Letting go of either/or and other forms of dualistic, zero-sum thinking helps greatly to quiet the noise down. We can now sense the center point with its accompanying stillness.
My nature, your nature, our nature, based on my experience, is to be found in stillness. I’m tempted to say “it is stillness,” but I don’t know that. I do know that experiencing it does occur in stillness. Stillness and the Self have some relationship which I can only guess at.
“Fools pass blindly by the place of my dwelling
Here in the human form [in the heart],
And of my majesty
They know nothing at all,
Who am the Lord, their soul.” (4)
Noise, drama, and trauma will drown out any of the finer qualities like love, bliss, and peace, emanating from the open heart. We walk by it again and again with our awareness, not suspecting that the One resides deep within it, at the seat of the Soul. (5)
As long as we agree to see things through the either/or filter, in my view, conflict is what we bring into our lives.
Either/or is like a cloud that obscures the sun of the Self. The blessings lie, as it were, in the open sky of continual expansion – what Sanat called add on, add on, add on. (6)
(1) Jesus through Linda Dillon, in 13th Octave Initiation & Workshop, Sedona, AZ: Dec. 12, 1997.
(2) For the moment, border security has a job to do and travellers have their rights: Both statements, to my mind, are true. Both have merit. It cannot be all one and not the other, without producing residue.
(3) I’m not sure I’d say Fifth-Dimensional. It’d be more like a higher subplane of whatever dimension we’re presently in – as in a peak experience or a transformational moment.
(4) Sri Krishna in Swami Prabhavananda and Christopher Isherwood, trans., Bhagavad-Gita. The Song of God. New York and Scarborough: New American Library, 1972; c1944, 81. He adds: “There in the ignorant heart … I dwell.” (Ibid., 87.)
(5) As experienced at Xenia Retreat Center, Sept. 18, 2018.
(6) “Now is it a continual expansion, what the channel and I and many on this side have said in terms of creation – add on, add on, add on, add on? Yes.” (“Transcript: Sanat Kumara ~ Ascension: Your New Tomorrow, Right Now ~ September 17, 2015,” at https://goldenageofgaia.com/2015/09/20/transcript-sanat-kumara-ascension-your-new-tomorrow-right-now-sept-17-2015/.)