Andrea – I picked this up off of a forum I’m a member of. It’s the awesome story of miraculous healing, but also of the recovery of self-worth through the sharing of personal flaws. This 25 minute video is time well spent from my view. It put a lot of things into perspective for me, and reminded me of my own journey of recovery from cancer as well. I’m a big fan of miraculous stories, having lived them in my own life. Enjoy.
“Flaws are just projected fears… I used to create fear by comparing myself to others, my younger past, and my not-yet-manifested greatness. I have learned that if we feel internally imprisoned, no amount of money or outside praise will ever make us feel free. So shatter what no longer matters, get into your glory, share your story and your true colors. True success lives in how we perceive ourselves.” – Renee Airya
Renee Airya is a brain tumor survivor, spirited author and award-winning international speaker.
In this heart-warming talk by Renee at Awesomeness Fest in Mexico 2014, she shares her incredible story of personal empowerment during one the darkest moments of her life – from paralyzation to liberation.
Renee had life-threatening surgery that left her paralyzed on the right side of her face and doctors telling her that there was no way to recover.
Unsure of whether the voice was authentically hers or that of a higher power, she replied to her doctors’ concerns with complete conviction.
“I looked at my doctor and said I don’t know how this is going to happen, but I am going to smile again… I am giving myself 6 months for my face to move.”
A miracle happened. By changing her mindset, and trusting her intuition and beliefs, Renee was able to go through a powerful, epic healing journey.
Our Favourite Quotes from this Talk:
1. “When you hide, you create more shame. That means that you are telling yourself that you are more and more unloveable. But when you share, you do allow for the light to shine through the shame. And I firmly believe that we can all become perfect through our flaws.”
2. “The way we choose to deal with our flaws will actually lead to a life of success, power, and health… or self-destruction, insecurity, and shame… Flaws are a part of human nature.”
3. “Could it be possible that flaws are the gateways to our sincerity? Could it be possible that flaws are the access points to recover your unshakeable confidence? Could it be possible that flaws are the golden key to discovering our uniqueness? If you can answer ‘Yes’ to either of those questions, how can you begin today to start expressing yourself with more sincerity in the world?”
4. “There is so much liberation and so much freedom to be found in sharing your true colors with others, your light, and your shadows.”
5. “You are not perfect in spite of your flaws, but actually because of them. You don’t need to be pretty or good looking to be beautiful. Beauty is only skin deep, but radiance is eternal.”
Have you been through an epic healing journey or were able to “flip” your flaws? We are incredibly moved by Renee’s talk and we’d love to hear about your own self-healing stories.
This talk was filmed at Awesomeness Fest, Mindvalley’s transformational event that gathers an extraordinary community of change-makers and visionaries who are driven by epic ideas to impact the world. If you’re interested in learning more about Awesomeness Fest, Click Here.
Or find the video here: httpss://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBM_miHR_Pw
Original source here: mindvalley academy blog