(Continued from Part 3.)
White Brotherhood master Beinsa Douno had been predicting a “New Epoch” for the planet since 1914, but in 1944, shortly before his death, he made his most pointed and detailed statement, in which he called the climactic event Ascension:
“Everything that is around you will soon collapse and disappear. Nothing will be left of this civilization nor its perversity; the entire earth will be shaken and no trace will be left of this erroneous culture that maintains men under the yoke of ignorance. Earthquakes are not only mechanical phenomena. Their goal is also to awaken the intellect and the heart of humans, so that they liberate themselves from their errors and their follies and that they understand that they are not the only ones in the universe. …
“The earth is now following an ascending movement and everyone should force themselves to harmonize with the currents of the ascension. Those who refuse to subjugate themselves to this orientation will lose the advantage of good conditions that are offered in the future to elevate themselves. They will remain behind in evolution and must wait tens of millions of years for the coming of a new ascending wave. …
“A new culture will see the light of day, it will rest on three principal foundations: the elevation of woman, the elevation of the meek and humble, and the protection of the rights of man.
“The light, the good, and justice will triumph; it is just a question of time. The religions should be purified. Each contains a particle of the Teaching of the Masters of Light, but obscured by the incessant supply of human deviation. All the believers will have to unite and to put themselves in agreement with one principal, that of placing Love as the base of all belief, whatever it may be. Love and Fraternity that is the common base! …
“Our mother, the earth, will get rid of men that don’t accept the New Life. She will reject them like damaged fruit. They will soon not be able to reincarnate on this planet; criminals included. Only those that possess Love in them will remain. …
It is the end of an epoch; a new order will substitute the old, an order in which Love will reign on earth.” (35)
In 1948, Alice Gilbert recorded her conversation with Sun-Ray, guide of Mrs. Roberts, who predicted the coming events:
“Alice Gilbert to Sun-Ray, Mrs. Roberts’ spirit control: – Do you consider that there is a great drive going on in your world to educate people about [spirit]?
“He – Yes, certainly. In time, we shall be able to appear in our etheric bodies amongst you.
“Myself – That won’t be for a long time, will it?
“He – Not so long, perhaps in about a hundred years.” (36)
An unnamed master of the Brotherhood of Light used the occasion of Lesley May’s contacts with his mother to interrupt and predict the advent of a “new era” in which everyone will reap what they have sown. He went on at some length to describe the nature of the times.
“Every vibration on the earth has been stepped up because you now stand at the threshold of a new era. Men are reaping the harvest of their sowing. Those who have sown violence will reap violence. Those who have sown peace will reap peace. For the harvest must be shared by all mankind; no man standing alone in his guilt, nor in his glory. Each is a fragment of the whole.
“Yet, my beloved, all is not lost, for I would reveal to you that within the law is yet a greater law, the law of transmutation. Many are they amongst you who have returned to earth at this time of crisis to enact the law’s fulfillment, as a voluntary service to all their brothers.
“Had mankind accepted and understood the teachings of the Master Jesus, the plan for your earth would have taken a vastly different course and the advance to perfection have been achieved with greater speed. However, mankind proceeded, unheedingly, upon a materialistic course, largely losing touch with the spiritual life-line of soul communion with the inner presence.
“Thus the harvest of their folly is upon them, but with the crumbling of the material edifice that they have built, the dross will be burnt away and the clear light of truth revealed. This will not be accomplished without suffering, yet, my beloved, much may be accomplished by those amongst you who have perceived the power of spirit, to turn the tide of disaster.” (37)
In his call to action, the master foretells the coming of our universal family to assist us with our evolutionary jump.
“Instruments are needed now, as never before in the history of your planet. Indeed, this is a momentous year and marks a beginning and an end of an era of evolution in the cosmic spheres, which will have repercussions, not only on earth, but in many planets and other planes of thought and action far beyond your understanding or imagining. There has been a vast concentration of energy from the cosmic spheres, which has been brought to a focal point at this time.
“A large measure of this energy has been and will be directed to mankind at your stage of evolution, both on your planet and to others in galaxies far removed. This we do not ask you to attempt to understand, for the reasons are beyond your comprehension. But we do ask that you should direct your thoughts upward in seeking for higher levels of attainment and that you should open your hearts and minds to the divine flow of cosmic energy. It is thus that the God Consciousness within you will be awakened to a realization of the encompassing love and compassion of the Divine Spirit and self-realization will be attained.
“Tread fearlessly on the path for though thousands may fall to the right and to the left of you, if you will but keep your minds single to the truth, no harm shall come nigh you.
“Go forward in confidence, my beloved. Listen to the still small voice within and be guided accordingly.” (38)
And in 1967, a second spirit guide beloved by Spiritualists, White Eagle, made his prediction of Ascension and the Golden Age:
“A rapid development is taking place now, although man may be largely unconscious of it. In a little while the human race will be uplifted by its own effort and the effort of the [spirit] hierarchies.
“There is also great spiritual activity in outer space, a penetration of the mists of Earth by the angelic life. Man must learn to be receptive to these radiations from outer space. He must prepare himself by gentle, good thought, by abolishing all that is cruel, unseemly, ungoldly, to receive visitors from other worlds, physical, etheric and spiritual.
Moreover he has to become aware not only of the life in outer space and in other planets, but also of the conscious life in all nature, and his own relationship to it in every kingdom.” (39)
In the late 1970s, Helen Greaves channeled a spirit who called himself an “Elder Brother,” and predicted Ascension, calling it “ascendency.”
“Oh, Closed Minds, open to the revelation of the Divine Law! Fulfil the teachings of the Great Ones; accept the Living Water of Truth into your minds in preparation for the New Age of the revelation of the Spirit!” (40)
“The New Age of Aquarius [is] now dawning on the world. …
“Yet, even as indeed we may be the Elder Brethren of your human race, and able to view the present trauma of your planet with detachment, still our duty and our joy is to release to your worlds some ray of that Divine Purpose by which all creation moves to its ascendancy.
“Such a moment in the plan for your cosmos is now immanent. These powerful vibrations of truth will make ingress into man’s mind and heart as the Living Water of the Aquarian Age is poured out upon all mankind, in the centuries when, following these tribulations of retribution for past cruelties, remorse for lost opportunities, and the dismal errors of the substitution of temporal power and affluence for Spiritual Grace, have been purged from all nations.” (41)
Around the same time, Sir Ronald Fraser was also telling us from the spirit planes that the Aquarian Age was coming:
“There are so many new forces about to be unleashed that we all long to warn you. Conserve your mental and physical energy. It will be needed.” (42)
“Earth is ending – or nearing the end – of a cosmic day which in this case synchronizes with the end of an Age and the entrance into the Aquarian Age. Such times are always times of great distress and unawareness.” (43)
In the same collection of postmortem writings, the Polish martyr of the Second World War, Father Andrew Glazewski, used his time with Helen Greaves to report a Second Coming.
“We can do so much more with your planet besides just looting and despoiling; and for that reason I am hoping that a moment will soon come when other beings will join you on earth to show and to demonstrate another way of living. I want you to reach out in thought to these greater beings by asking the Christ to bring his Christed ones within the earth vision. This is the plan for which we must prepare. It has been called the Second Coming. But it is not in the least like the original Coming of Christ. This will happen at first slowly, and all over the world people will appear possessing great dynamic force and power.
“They will not command. They will keep in step with all of you in all the different walks fo life, but slowly, gently, they will impress the love ray, and their gentle influence will be felt and guarded. Take this into your conscious mind and hold yourself alert to meeting, as you may well do, one of these advanced beings. The earth is ripe for this even and there are an increasing number of awakened ones now in the body. See that the number grows and do not lose heart because of the apparent futility of your efforts.” (44)
At the end of the 1970s, Theosophy founder Helena Blavatsky returned to Robert Leichtman to discuss the “new teaching” expected soon.
“There is a new teaching coming out. It’s going to come from fresh sources. This is the nice thing about the differences in generations – fresh sources can come along. So let’s not call it yoga, although I think Alice used that particular term, and I did too. We meant something that is not literally yoga – not Hatha Yoga or Raja Yoga or Kundalini Yoga or any of the specific forms of yoga. It will be a new teaching that is distinctly Aquarian, distinctly western, distinctly new, distinctly open, distinctly clear, distinctly scientific – and I hope distinctly humorous too.” (45)
Not only did Blavatsky return but Arthur Ford also visited with Leichtman and gave the same message:
“Humanity is vaguely aware that something momentous is about to transpire.” (46)
“The reason you’re seeing so many second comings of Jesus, second comings of Buddha, and even the rise of black magic and Satanism is because humanity is vaguely aware that something big is going to happen. …
“Humanity is tuning in, more or less consciously, to these particular forces coming from within, from the inner planes, at this time. This is one of the reasons why there is such a rise in the interest in psychic phenomena, after all – because we are all making ready for the reappearance of the Christ. Jesus only had one harbinger, but the Christ of the New Age is going to have several million harbingers.
“As you know, several of the people who were associated with Jesus during His life have now reincarnated. They don’t advertise it, but these people are genuine.” (47)
Ford felt a single individual would arise as an avatar, but, really, we have several avatars alive today.
“Whenever there has been an avatar, there has been a lifting of the vibration of the whole human race. You can look for that and much more. The physical plane is rapidly moving into the fourth dimension. Part of the avatar’s work is to raise the consciousness of the planet so that this particular transition can be made. That is the first thing that will happen.
“You’re going to be noticing within your lifetimes that some things are not working quite like they used to, and this will be an indication that this transition is happening.
“At the same time there will be an increasing awareness of some of the inhabitants of the inner side of life – entities such as elves, angels, and spooks. This will be another indication of what is happening.
“The major work of the coming avatar is to lay the foundation for a truly spiritual civilization based on a clarification of ancient wisdom and a new revelation. He will guide us up the next evolutionary step for mankind, which is basically what every avatar comes to do. …
“I don’t think he will be working through the framework of traditional Christianity any more than Jesus Christ worked through the traditional framework of Judaism. He will probably have his beginnings there, because that will be the predominant religion of whatever community he is in. However, I’m sure he will go beyond it. We forget that Buddha began in the Hindu religion and broke through the traditional framework for that and created something new, too.” (48)
Thus many guides and spirits have been telling us since the 1870s that we could expect a new era, a new world, a new revelation, and a new dispensation soon on Earth. It would totally recast human relationships, our relationship with the Divine, and the way life would be lived on Earth. It’s surprising how accurate so many of those sources are when compared to what the Company of Light are saying today. Their names for the advent of Ascension and the Golden Age may not have lasted but the details of what they expected seem to have been for the most part borne out.
(Return to Part 1.)
(1) Matthew’s Message, Aug. 11, 2011, at http://www.matthewbooks.com/mattsmessage.htm
(2) SaLuSa, March 18, 2009, at http://www.treeofthegoldenlight.com/First_Contact/Channeled_Messages_by_Mike_Quinsey.htm
(3) SaLuSa, Aug. 8, 2011.
(4) SaLuSa, Dec. 19, 2008.
(5) SaLuSa, Nov. 7, 2008.
(6) SaLuSa, March 26, 2010.
(7) Matthew’s Message, Sept. 24, 2008.
(8) SaLuSa, April 9, 2010.
(9) SaLuSa, Nov. 5, 2008.
(10) St. Germain, Aug. 15, 2008, through Mike Quinsey, at http://www.treeofthegoldenlight.com/First_Contact/Channeled_Messages_by_Mike_Quinsey.htm
(11) Spirit Teacher Imperator in Moses, Stainton Moses, More Spirit Teachings. Electronically published by Meilach.com. http://www.meilach.com/spiritual/books/morest/mspteach.htm, 14.
(12) Spirit Teacher Imperator in Moses, Spirit Teachings. London: Spiritualist Press, n.d. (Prior to 1883.), 167.
(13) Spirit Teacher Imperator in Stainton Moses, More Spirit Teachings. Spirit Writings. Electronically published by Meilach.com. http://www.meilach.com/spiritual/books/morest/mst02.htm , n.p. (Hereafter MSTW.)
(14) Ibid., n.p.
(15) Ibid., n.p.
(16) Unnamed spirit communicator in ibid., n.p.
(17) Julia [Julia T. Ames] through W.T. Stead, medium, After Death. A Personal Narrative. New York: George H. Doran, n.d.; c. 1914, 49.
(18) John Heslop to his wife, F. Heslop, medium, Speaking Across the Border-Line. Being Letters from a Husband in Spirit Life to His Wife on Earth. London: Charles Taylor, 9th ed., n.d., 136-7.
(19) John Heslop through F. Heslop, medium, Further Messages Across the Border-Line. A Continuation of “Speaking Across the Border-Line.” London: Charles Taylor, n.d., 82-4.
(20) Mother to F. Heslop in ibid., 87.
(21) “Stella,” ibid., 112.
(22) J. W. Sharpe, M.A., ibid., 134.
(23) J. W. Sharpe, M.A., ibid., 134-5.
(24) Claude Kelway-Bamber in L. Kelway-Bamber, ed., Claude’s Book. New York: 1919. Downloaded from http://www.spiritwritings.com/claude1.pdf, 18 Feb. 2008, 23.
(25) Spirit Control Mary Bosworth to Charlotte E. Dresser in Fred Rafferty, ed., Charlotte E. Dresser, medium, Life Here and Hereafter. Author’s edition. Downloaded from http://www.harvestfields.ca/ebook/02/001/00.htm, 2 Feb. 2008. , 87.
(26) Unnamed spirit in ibid., 84.
(27) Unnamed spirit communicator to Charlotte Dresser, Charlotte E. Dresser, medium, and Fred Rafferty, editor, Spirit World and Spirit Life. Los Angeles: Rafferty, 9.
(28) Silver Birch, Silver Birch, Silver Birch’s Teachings. Located at http:/www.angelfire.com/ok/SilverBirch/Tcon.html http:/www.angelfire.com/ok/SilverBirch/Tcon.html , n.p. (Hereafter SBT.)
(29) Silver Birch, Silver Birch, Teachings of Silver Birch. Wisdom from the World Beyond. Ed. A.W. Austen. London: Spiritualist Press, 1962; c1938, 44. (Hereafter TSB.)
(30) Silver Birch, ibid., 26.
(31) Silver Birch, Silver Birch, Philosophy of Silver Birch. London: Spiritualist Press, 1975; c1969, 27.
(32) Silver Birch, SBT, n.p.
(33) Silver Birch, TSB, 42-3.
(34) Silver Birch, Silver Birch Anthology. Ed. Wm. Naylor. London: Spiritualist Press, 1974; c1955, 39-41.
(35) “Beinsa Douno’s 1944 Prophecy of Ascension and a Golden Age,” Nov. 1, 2010, at http://goldenageofgaia.com/2010/11/beinsa-dounos-1944-prophecy-of-ascension-and-a-golden-age/ See also “Beinsa Douno’s ‘New Epoch,'” May 19, 2010, at http://goldenageofgaia.com/2012-history-4/beinsa-dounos-new-epoch/ for much more on Douno’s anticipation of the Golden Age.
(36) Alice Gilbert, medium, Philip in Two Worlds. London: Andrew Dakers, 1948., 227.
(37) Unnamed Master of the Brotherhood of Light in Lesley May, med., Letters from Mother. A Family Biography in Two Worlds. Ed. Edmund Bentley. London: Psychic Press, 1964, 126-7.
(38) Unnamed Master of the Brotherhood of Light in ibid., 127-8.
(39) “White Eagle Predicts the New Age in 1967,” march 27, 2010, at http://goldenageofgaia.com/2011/03/white-eagle-predicts-age-1967/
(40) Spirit teacher called “Elder Brother” in Helen Greaves, medium, Living Waters. Sudbury, Suffolk: Neville Spearman, 1978, 117.
(41) Spirit teacher called “Elder Brother,” ibid., 117.
(42) Sir Ronald Fraser in Cynthia Sandys and Rosamund Lehmann, The Awakening Letters. Jersey: Neville Spearman, 1978, 175.
(43) Sir Ronald Fraser, ibid., 175.
(44) Father Andrew Glazewski, ibid., 95.
(45) H.P. Blavatsky in Robert R. Leichtman through the mediumship of D. Kendrick Johnson, H.P. Blavatsky Returns. Columbus, OH: Ariel Press, 1980, 72.
(46) Arthur Ford in Robert Leichtman, The Psychic Perspective. Columbia: Ariel press, 1978, 102.
(47) Ibid., 103-4. I myself know one colleague of Jesus who returned and is addressing us.
(48) Ibid., 104-5.
(Return to Part 1.)