Eight Actions for the Gulf and Beyond
June 23, 2010
Thanks to Jude.
The following eight steps are things that we can all do to become involved, compiled from feedback from my questions posted here at Collective Creativity on LinkedIn. Please continue your valuable contributions to this conversation and add your own!
1. Give direct financial aid through reliable agencies such as the United Way.
2. Support organizations such as Ocean Conservation Society, The Nature Conservancy, and others that are engaged in healing our ecosystem. Follow their recommendations for ways to help.
3. Volunteer and help organizations recruit others for habitat restoration activities and more. For example, gather hair from salons, groomers, llamas, sheep fleece farmers, feather donors, and others, for making oil-soaking boom via mattersoftrust.org.
5. Make conscious choices that are “green.” For example, go through your cleaning supplies and stop using anything that has a Signal Word label with anything stronger than “Caution.”
6. Support investments in technologies that are looking at sustainably and reversal of global warming such as Fuelcor Global
7. Educate yourself on very successful approaches to restoring the ecosystem such as of Allan Savory, who is the winner of 2010 Buckminster Fuller Challenge
8. Support spiritual education that teaches people, especially the youth, the relationship between all life. Much of all that has happened to damage the world is a result of a dualistic approach in science where we created a distinction between biological organisms and the environment.
A new global movement of planetary healing needs both a short-term approach addressing the urgent need to act swiftly, but at the same time, a long term approach with action steps people can take in their everyday life. Healing this planet will be empowering for all of us. Planetary wellness needs to become a global movement, yet it begins with you and me, and the time to act is now.