(1) Please help us save time by including your PayPal username and 2-4 sentences on what your lightwork is. The special constituency of the Hope Chest is lightworkers.
(2) We are trying to cover the maximum number with a reasonable amount. If there is a legitimate request for a larger sum of money, in cases such as medical emergencies, we will ask for validation from a doctor’s office. We may need to speak with the requester by Skype so the provision of a Skype or landline number would be handy and save time.
(3) We do realize that people have repeat needs. Perhaps in subsequent emails, if you do make a request for repeat assistance, please make reference to the fact that you’ve received past help. That assists the HC team in its decision.
(4) If you send in a request from more than one email address, do let the team know up front, rather than having them discover it later. Otherwise, if the team sees that the same person is sending in multiple requests from different emails without identifying the fact (and we have had a few cases of this), we owe it to our donors and ourselves not to send further payments. We do have software tools that identify this situation by several different routes. So sorry.
(5) Folks who have a spam protector on, I’m afraid the Hope Chest does not have the people power to go to your verification site and enter information in order to correspond with you. That may mean that we’re not able to correspond with you.
(6) Folks who want to send a cheque to the Hope Chest rather than use Paypal, here’s the Hope Chest’s mail address:
Post Office Box 2744
San Pedro, Ca 90731