As always, you remain responsible for your decisions to support a charity.
In past years, some major charitable organizations have been corrupted in part or in whole by the cabal. I don’t suspect that here but I have no way of knowing.
Total Donations to Date
2017 North Bay Fire Relief Fund Distribution Information
Redwood Credit Union’s North Bay Fire Relief Fund was created by RCU Community Fund, Inc. (RCUCF) in partnership with Redwood Credit Union (RCU), The Press Democrat and Senator Mike McGuire, to support victims and relief efforts of the devastating 2017 North Bay fires. Following is important information about fund disbursements:
RCU is covering all administrative costs, so 100% of all donations will go to fire victims and relief efforts. Please check back regularly as we will regularly update this information as additional disbursements are made to support fire victims and relief efforts.
Who/what will the donations fund?
Donations to the fund will support immediate needs of the following:
- Fire victims in the four counties affected: Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino and Lake
- First responders impacted by the fires
- Kids and schools (public and private) in the four counties impacted by the fires
Who is making fund distribution decisions?
Representatives from RCU Community Fund, Redwood Credit Union, Senator Mike McGuire and The Press Democrat are allocating funds based on the greatest immediate needs of the fire victims, with vital information from key leaders in this disaster, including the Office of Emergency Services (OES), Cal Fire, local authorities (Sheriff and Police), area Supervisors, Office of Education and Superintendents of schools, nonprofits and community leaders.
Where has funding been provided so far?
The contributions of donors have supported the immediate needs of fire victims and relief efforts in the following ways:
$1 million is being disbursed and designated the week of October 16th to support:
- Urgent food needs of fire victims: Funds are being provided to Redwood Empire Food Bank (REFB), which is providing immediate food to victims in Sonoma, Mendocino and Lake Counties and to Community Action Napa Valley (CANV), which is providing food to fire victims in Napa county.
- Immediate/short and midterm housing needs of fire victims: We have partnered with Petaluma People Service Center to support the short and midterm housing needs of victims. Thus far, they have placed 120 victims in homes and 250 are in process of being assisted. 700 people have offered their homes to support fire victims.
- School clothes and supplies for children who have lost their homes: We have partnered with the Office of Education, which is working with the superintendents of schools—both public and private—to identify children whose families have lost their homes. We have designate funds to provide immediate support to kids for school clothes and supplies, so children can get back to school as soon as possible.
Please check back regularly for updates.
What can fire victims do to gain assistance?
We encourage fire victims to register immediately with FEMA at the Local Assistance Center (LAC). In addition, the LACs also have a variety of other valuable fire recovery resources available. Here is where to find your local LAC:
- Sonoma County: Press Democrat building, 427 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa. Open daily: 9 am – 7 pm.
- Napa County: Napa County Health and Human Services Building A, Conference Center, 2751 Napa Valley Corporate Drive, Napa. Phone: (707) 299-2190. Open 10/16-10/20 9 am – 7 pm. Open 10/21-10/22 10 am – 5 pm.
- Mendocino County: Mendocino College Gymnasium, 1000 Hensley Creek Road, Ukiah. Open daily 10 am – 7 pm through 10/31.
- FEMA Assistance Online or By Phone: You can apply for FEMA assistance at the area LACs or online at http://www.disasterassistance.gov/ or call (800) 621-3362.
We also encourage you to contact your insurance company immediately. For a list of carriers and contact information, please click here.
Thank you for your generous support of our North Bay neighbors in need!
RCUCF is s 501c3 nonprofit organization – Tax ID #47-5084832. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
updated 10/16/17 at 3:50 pm