(Continued from Part 1/2.)
You’ve asked what level of enlightenment Ascension is. The discussion of that matter may be more than most people wish to hear and so I attach it here parenthetically. Those who don’t wish to ponder it can skip this section.
The ascended level of enlightenment is called sahaja nirvikalpa samadhi and constitutes liberation from the need to be reborn into the dualism of the Third Dimension. I confirmed that assertion with Archangel Michael:
Steve Beckow: What level of enlightenment does Ascension correspond to? I think it’s beyond the normal seventh-chakra enlightenment. I think it is what is called Sahaja Samadhi. Am I correct?
Archangel: Michael: Yes, it is. (11)
And I also confirmed it with the Divine Mother:
Steve Beckow: The last question is I’m trying to understand what level of enlightenment Ascension corresponds to. And I think it’s beyond the normal seventh-chakra enlightenment. I think it is what is called — and I’ll make this clear to readers — sahaja samadhi. Am I correct?
Divine Mother: Yes, it is beyond what you think of with your seven chakras. It is beyond, because what you are doing with the chakra system, even with the thirteen, we have emerged from the Third-dimensional realm, which is that reference point for the chakra system, into the new. So yes, you are correct, in this question and in this statement.
SB: It’s wonderful to have that confirmed. Thank you very much, Mother.
DM: It is wonderful for us as well, you know! … Now, you understand that most people – and yes, you will do a good job of explaining – have no conception of what this really means.
SB: Well, you know that I have a website that discusses Sahaja Samadhi at length. … If I take that material and present it to readers, would that be adequate?
DM: That will help. (12)
Sri Ramana Maharshi describes sahaja as “the state in which awareness is firm and one-pointed, even when objects are sensed.” (13) He associates it with the state in which “the screen [of awareness is] permanently exposed. This is Self-realization, Mukti, or Sahaja Samadhi, the natural, effortless state.” (14) He continues:
“When the waveless ocean of the external and the steady flame of the internal Nirvikalpa are realized as identical, the ultimate goal, the Sahaja Nirvikalpa Samadhi is said to have been reached.” (15)
“Remaining permanently in the primal state without effort is Sahaja.” (16)
Granted that sources like Saul speak of “full consciousness” and “unification with God,” what they’re referring to is in fact neither “full” consciousness nor “unification” with God, but definitely a stage towards it. But I’d imagine it’s probably easiest and wisest for them not to make so fine a distinction when they’re addressing a world audience, many of whom are just awakening.
So the Christ is very much an intimate and essential part of Ascension but not in the way many people think. It’s the soul or Christ or Atman, which is our essence, and our expanding awareness of it is what Ascension is all about, whether Ascension to the Fifth Dimension or Ascension to every dimension beyond that.
(1) “Transcript of Interview with Jesus on Biblical Mysteries, Dec. 20, 2011,” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/world-disclosure-day/the-masters-speak/transcript-of-interview-with-jesus-on-biblical-mysteries-dec-20-2011/. I assume Jesus meant that, if I were to say I was the truth, and know that to be true absolutely, then I too would be speaking as “the Christ.”
(2) Shankara in Swami Prabhavananda and Christopher lsherwood, Shankara’s Crest-Jewel of Discrimination. Hollywood: Vedanta Press, 1975; c1947, 68.
(3) Bodhidharma in Red Pine, trans., The Zen Teachings of Bodhidharma. Port Townsend, WA, Empty Bowl, 1987 , 16.
(4) Loc. cit. I.e., it serves as the basis for the higher levels of enlightenment.
(5) Meister Eckhart in R.B. Blakney, trans., Meister Eckhart. A Modern Translation. New York, etc.: Harper & Row, 1941, 105.
(6) Jacob Boehme in Maurice Bucke, Cosmic Consciousness. A Study in the Evolution of the Human Mind. New York: Dutton, 1969; c1901 , 183.
(7) Ascended Master Hilarion, channelling through Mabel Collins, Light on the Path and an Essay on Karma. Wheaton, IL: Theosophical Publishing House, 1974, 15.
(8) Krishnamurti in Lutyens, Mary. Krishnamurti: The Years of Awakening. New York: Avon, 1975, 171-2.
(9) John Ruusbroec in James A. Wiseman, John Ruusbroec. The Spiritual Espousals and Other Works. New York, etc.: Paulist Press, 1985., 147.
(10) Ibid., 74.
(11) “Archangel Michael: Detailed Instructions for Dec. 21, 2012 and After,” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/2012/12/archangel-michael-detailed-instructions-for-dec-21-2012-and-after/
(12) “The Divine Mother: Come to Me as I Come to You – Part ½,” Oct. 17, 2012, at http://goldenageofgaia.com/2012/10/the-divine-mother-come-to-me-as-i-come-to-you-part-12/. The website is From Darkness Unto Light and the particular page on which this information can be found is http://www.angelfire.com/space2/light11/fdl/e1.html.
(13) Ramana Maharshi in Vasistha Ganapathi, ed., Sri Ramana Gita. Tiruvannamalai: Sri Ramanashramam, 1977, 27
(14) Ramana Maharshi in S.S. Cohen, Guru Ramana. Memories and Notes. 6th edition. Tiruvannamalai: Sri Ramanasramam, 1993, 82-3.
(15) Ibid., 88.
(16) Ibid., 89.