Well, this is interesting.. In my reading with Archangel Michael a few days ago, I asked him about his choice for IT guru and he said that he wanted one more member of the team to see the post who has not yet responded. He asked me to post the call one more time. I am a puppet on a string so I repost a shortened version of the original post.
How interesting life is when one consents to be guided by the unseens.
Casey is leaving to manage the Bridge Fund’s IT responsibilities. We need six people to take his place.
That was a joke.
Casey has managed this site, the needs of the BF, a job and a family for the past year. The 2012 Scenario acknowledges our great debt of gratitude to him and everyone connected with it extends him our warmest thanks.
We do need a new IT Guru and team to manage the site’s expansion. I’ve been told by the one who owns this site that we’re to remain in WordPress but we do want to see if we can create alternate section pages if anyone knows how to do that in WordPress.
It will get busy here – as if it isn’t already! Anyone who’s interested can apply via the “Contact us” form. Here are the skills that are desirable.
· Handle any technical requests from 2012 staff
· Optimizing website for best performance
· Adding/Updating new WordPress plugins and updates
· Adapting WordPress templates – small changes here and there
· Fix and restart the server if the website goes down
· Optimize and backup the MySQL database
· Manage the Gandi domain registration account
· Manage the FeedBlitz newsletter account
· Manage the Yahoo mailing list groups for the staff and editors
· Watch Google Analytics reports for traffic trends
· Familiarity with Linux CentOS is a plus
· Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (EC2, CloudFront, S3, Route53) is a plus
And IT Guru
· Manage operations and expansion of the technical team
· Onboard and train new technical volunteers
· Plan and prepare the blog for growth and increased traffic
· Oversee additional projects such as the First Contact database