I know, I know. I posted an earlier article on this, but please forgive me posting a second. It’s such a sweet story. My bias is definitely showing! Thanks to Len.
Police Lock Down Bank Of America: Florida Homeowner Forecloses On Bank Of America ~ Police, Movers, & Lawyer Orders Furnishing To Be Removed From Bank For Auction!
Politicalvelcraft.org, November 9, 2011 by Volubrjotr
Collier County, Florida – Have you heard the one about a homeowner foreclosing on a bank?
It started five months ago when Bank of America filed foreclosure papers on the home of a couple, who didn’t owe a dime on their home.
The couple said they paid cash for the house.
The case went to court and the homeowners were able to prove they didn’t owe Bank of America anything on the house. In fact, it was proven that the couple never even had a mortgage bill to pay.
A Collier County Judge agreed and after the hearing, Bank of America was ordered, by the court to pay the legal fees of the homeowners’, Maurenn Nyergers and her husband.
The Judge said the bank wrongfully tried to foreclose on the Nyergers’ house.
- U.S. Sheriffs Rise Up Against Federal Government: Sheriff Threatens Feds With SWAT Team ~ Grass Roots Take Charge!
So, how did it end with bank being foreclosed on? After more than 5 months of the judge’s ruling, the bank still hadn’t paid the legal fees, and the homeowner’s attorney did exactly what the bank tried to do to the homeowners. He seized the bank’s assets.
Sheriff’s deputies, movers, and the Nyergers’ attorney went to the bank and foreclosed on it. The attorney gave instructions to remove desks, computers, copiers, filing cabinets and any cash in the teller’s drawers.
After about an hour of being locked out of the bank, the bank manager handed the attorney a check for the legal fees.
“As a foreclosure defense attorney this is sweet justice” says Allen.
Allen says this is something that he sees often in court, banks making errors because they didn’t investigate the foreclosure and it becomes a lengthy and expensive battle for the homeowner.
- Bad News Regarding Bank of America and Fannie Mae Short Sales (ac805.wordpress.com)
- FIASCO: Bank Of America Forecloses On A Home That Doesn’t Even Exist (businessinsider.com)
- Bank of America Gets Pad Locked After Homeowner Forecloses On It (scienceoftruth.wordpress.com)
- Homeowner Class Action Filed Against Bank of America, Challenging Ownership of Homes Obtained Through Improper Mortgage Foreclosures, Case No. 8-11-CV-000107 (prweb.com)
- Department of Justice announced settlement with Bank of America on wrongful military foreclosures (dailykos.com)
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office To Launch Drone: Texas Sheriff Gains Bird’s-Eye View To Keep Check On Crimes By Federal, Domestic, Or Criminal Aliens!